Thursday, February 4, 2010



Its 10.30 pm....

Not sleepy...

The pizza for dinner at Domino's dissatisfied me and the newly introduced pasta was a disaster. The one litre pack of pulpy orange was the only consolation (many dont like it though)...finally the orange cake and some tea made my stomach filled for the night. Felt like writing some lines and could not find any other topic than the pizza (which is controlling my thoughts right now), so here i am penning down my things about experience and encounter with Pizza, the foeigner dish in Indian yard.


Food, the very name makes my salivary glands activated at once and my body happily gets ready for accepting few more pounds. The street foods have always been the prime obsession...chicken roll in Bhubaneswar, aloo tikki chat, paneer tikka, mushroom tikka in delhi, puchkas in kolkata, or bada pav in Mumbai...idli, dosa n all udupi restaurants, samosas, dhoklas and the sindhi special dal pakwan (thanks goes to my sindhi friend)....slurp...slurp!!

I have seen my friends being mad for Pizzas and some of them even make it at home and try different experiments with it. The newly introduced delicacy at a Pizza serving outlet have the Indian flavor and doing well in indian market.


But surprisingly, Pizza has never been in the list of my saliva stimulators.

It has always been the last minute option for home delivery when all other options for the world is closed.


300 bugz for a round shaped pav with pinches of some veggies or so, never seemed to be a wise deal for me. The typical indian road side foddie in me have always been advocating the so called unhealthy street foods and i have always been relishing them to my heart's content without worrying much about the health my stomach. Surprisingly, it has never bothered the health either.


Apologies to my pizza lover friends, taste buds varry from person to person...the indian foods still dominate my taste buds and India, my mind and heart..!! :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment